Friday, July 10, 2009

Here is a recent pic of me.

Alright so here it is the middle of my night and I promised myself I would post. About what I don't know. I figure I would let the words just flow. I guess my mind is kind of stuck on flagrant lately. I have slowly found myself getting to this I don't care what you think status. I am surrounded by people and they all run on and on about this or that, but my brain is screaming who cares. Most of what's said is shrift. Instead of just saying what I am thinking, I do the right thing and remain quiet and walk away. Which got me thinking, which would most people prefer? A world where everyone held nothing back and told you the flat truth or a world where there were lies and half truths so that peoples feelings could be saved?


Obviously the first is harsh, cold, to the point. Yeah it would suck but at least it would all be on the table. I think to a certain extent it would be good for society as a whole. On the second part though you have some resilience and subtle flow of information. It would be easier to mold the truths into a more acceptable format for understanding. Which us as humans hold onto so dearly, in our daily lives. We believe in reasoning. It is what defines us from our "animal" counterparts on this floating ball called Earth. For myself I would prefer the first. With all the truth immediately in hand, decisions would be more accurate and efficient. My only caveat is that we as humans would have a breakdown and would likely become extinct. I say this because the courtship of humans relies on partial truths and turning the truth, on the things that are unfavorable, in a way that favors us to attract a mate. Animals mostly have a visual, sound, or a smell that alerts suitors that they are ready to mate. Plain, simple, straight to the point. Some birds build nests to attract mates. The female bird judges it and if it is suitable they stay and mate. All instincts point to furthering the species. Humans we are much more selective.


I guess I kind of went out to lunch there for a moment and rambled, sorry. If that wasn't enough for you my next post will be about humans subtle language in eye contact and body language. It is in my nature to observe people. I have a photographic memory so when I see something it is like a still frame picture. I eventually forget things, but with people I have a tendency to stare. I find myself observing individual facial and body movements to give clues to what people are thinking. Most people are hung up on words. It goes back to the saying that actions speak louder than words.


Anyway I leave this parting thought:

"Believe nothing,no matter where you read it or who has said it,not even if I have said it,unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha


Be good to one another.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think I would have to agree that I would prefer the first option where everyone just says what they think. If everyone did that, I don't think people would be so hurt by it. It would be common, and we would all be used to hearing the bad and the good. Not to mention, when we keep silent to try and spare someone's feelings, often we hurt them worse in the long run. As for your rambling about the animal species, well I have always enjoyed that. I remember when I was pregnant with Bethany and we would walk all over the apartment complex, and you would tell me the most random things. Like the history of the red tailed squirrel. So keep on rambling. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing the right thing by not saying anything. People as a whole lie to each other, and themselves. Imagine what it would be like if everyone just said what they were thinking, no filter. Walking down the street, "Boy, you are one ugly fat biach!". Or telling your co-worker "You're such a fucking loser I want to punch you in the face!" And believe me I think that every time I walk into Wal-Mart or get on a detail with you know who. Hell, I'm not 100% honest with anybody, and neither are you!
    Did you know a type of female bird mates with several different males, and each subsequent male pecks at her..you know... to knock out the previous bird's semen. Gross but true. Dont really know where that came from.
    You cant handle the truth!
    -Jack Nicholson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I would prefer the first option. I detest lies and expect complete honesty. Yes, the truth hurts but it is far better than hiding behind lies. Gotta face up to it sometime.
    And Spud, thanks for that tidbit of knowledge. I did not know that! lol

    ReplyDelete